Outlander going on hiatus might seem like cruel and unusual punishment to most in the fandom and I get it, I really do. Fans of the book series waited 20 years for an onscreen adaptation and waited quite some time for each new book to be written and released.
They have been patient and willing to wait in order to get the best results out of something precious to them. I would imagine waiting six months for the second half of the first season to air would be like a walk in the park. I’m a pro at the waiting game because quite frankly I have no choice in the matter. It feels like it has been forever since I have watched The Walking Dead. Since we have no choice, let’s talk about what we can do to pass the time.
1. Watch all 8 episodes, every Saturday night, same bat time, same bat channel, on a continuous loop. Pretend it’s the first time, every time. Discover the world of Outlander over and over again, until you can recite it verbatim. I bet many have already done so but what the hell, why not 100 more times?!
2. Start an Outlander Hiatus Support Group. There might be some who say ‘Dont you think there are enough Outlander sites out there’? I say no Damn it, there can and never will be enough, especially when someone needs talked down from the ledge of ‘I cannot live without Outlander’. You can and you will!
3. For however many days Outlander is on hiatus, (no I did not count this out because I’m lazy like that and it seemed boring) donate that amount to your favorite charity. Or Sam’s, Caitriona’s , Tobias, or split the amount however you see fit.
4. Blog it out. If you are a fan of writing (like me), let your fingers do the talking. Writing is good for the soul, it’s not good to hold feelings in, good or bad. Let your creative juices flow.
5. If writing is not your thing, try knitting instead and try replicating some of the fabulous items seen on Outlander. Imitation is the highest form of flattery. Make sure you show them off to Terry, she would love to see them. Speaking of Terry….her site has a forum that she would love to get up and running. I think we can help her out with that,so much so that by the time April rolls around,it will be in full swung. You can register for that HERE just scroll to the bottom and register. In case you have problems she has instructions on how to get started.
6. Volunteer at your local shelter,buy food for your local food bank (if possible), donate clothes to a local shelter. Anything to get your mind off the long hiatus.
7. Watch some of your other favorite TV shows or one that is a guilty pleasure. This way you are not thinking about the long wait.
8. Watch Dirty Dancing, specifically the scene where Baby runs her hand over Johnny’s equally nice arse. It will remind you of the wedding night scene but will distract you enough to forget you miss Outlander. Let’s practice now.
9. We loved speculating on who would play certain characters that were coming up in a series. Speculate away and have fun with it. We have some central characters coming up, Roger, Bree and Fergus (one of my favorites of DIA), BlackJacks brother, etc. You are welcome to post your thoughts here within the comments.
10. Last but not least, a lot of people did not like the spanking that Jamie gives to Claire for not listening to him about staying put. It was uncomfortable for me to read and others were downright against it and could not get past it. I have a feeling that it will be the hot topic for a while so we can hash it out for the next six months. #spankgate
Something else to keep you occupied, on my Twitter account for this blog, I have an interesting person following me that tweets beautiful poetry, and some unusual ones as well. He has been tweeting out challenges so again if writing is your cup of tea, then take on his challenges @Write4Eddie. Yesterday’s challenge (or maybe the day before) was to write a poem using the words ‘Parade of Hipster Zombies’ and it took me about ten minutes but I got it.
Well, keep busy, calm, cool and collected DREAMERS!. I promise these 6 months will fly by!